Leisure Group Activities
We will be delighted to welcome your group for a holiday retreat or weekend break at High Trenhouse. Because High Trenhouse is in a remarkable location it supports wonderful recreational activities. As we have a great deal of knowledge of our surroundings here at High Trenhouse, we will be glad to help you plan your stay. In addition, if you need work space, our large rooms which can be made available by arrangement.
If you are going to be at High Trenhouse through the day you will need our full service. Alternatively, if your group will be off-site during the day, Dinner Bed and Breakfast may suit you, perhaps with a packed lunch. Once you know your exact requirements, we will quote you accordingly.
If you are at High Trenhouse for a specific purpose (yoga, painting, fitness or whatever) that will be your focus. Nevertheless it would be a pity not to make the most of being in this beautiful location.
- Local walks in nature – solo or group, right from the door. If you prefer some interpretation a guide can be provided
- Excursions – use a vehicle to go further afield. There are some lovely local motor tours or use a vehicle to visit different valleys and villages.
- Tourism – there are plenty of tourist attractions. You can find delightful villages, farm shops, castles, pubs, restaurants, show caves and so on, within easy reach.
A wide range of possibilities is available. You can use activities to augment your core process, to be in touch with nature or for light relief. You can try these for yourself but they will be more enjoyable with professional instruction
- Climbing and abseiling – there is some first class climbing and spectacular abseiling on limestone cliffs, all within easy range. Instruction and equipment available.
- Fell walking – apart from classic long distance walks, including the Three Peaks, you can also explore the area easily on foot. There is open access to most of the uplands as well as nice valleys you can drop down into. Instruction and equipment available.
- Orienteering – with so much open land there is plenty of scope to set up orienteering courses.
- Mountain biking – bikes can be hired and there is wide scope for some great rides.
- Caving or potholing – this is probably one of the best areas in the UK. Instruction and equipment available.
- Landrover Experience – for the less energetic here is an alternative form of exciting travel and exploration. Instruction and equipment available.
- Kite flying – right here in the grounds. Instruction and equipment available.
- Archery – right here in the grounds. Instruction and equipment available.
- Falconry – right here in the grounds. Instruction and equipment available.
- Exercises and games – right here in the grounds and the surrounding area – team challenges, treasure hunts, problem solving etc. Instruction and equipment available.
You can find further information here:
Malham Tarn Field Centre
Guide to Malham Walks
Guide to Pennine Way
Caving and climbing: Gaping Gill
Yorkshire Ramblers Club
British Mountaineering Council
Mastiles Lane Bike Route
3 Peaks Cycles – Settle Bike Shop