Smörgåstårta is a delicious Swedish Sandwich cake. It makes a stylish centre piece for your buffet.
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 tub beetroot hummus (or make your own)
- 1/2 tbsp pickled cucumber
- 1.5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tub hummus (or make your own)
- 1/4 thinly sliced cucumber
- 50 gram feta cheese
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp seeds and nuts for the topping
- swirls of cucumber & carrot, bean or pea sprouts for decoration
- In a small bowl mix the classic hummus, a few drops lemon juice, ½ tsp cumin, salt & pepper. Mix until well incorporated.
- In another bowl mix together the beetroot hummus, finely chopped pickled cucumber, salt, and pepper to taste until well incorporated.
- In another bowl mash the avocados, small clove of garlic, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Lay 1 slice of ryebread in a single layer, on a serving plate.
- Cover up with 1 Tbsp (vegan) mayo, then spread the cumin humus mix evenly on the bread layer. Cover up with another slice of ryebread, spread another Tbsp of mayo and cover with beetroot hummus mix.
- Layer on another slices of ryebread, covering with mayo, a layer of sliced cucumbers and feta cheese.
- Lay on the remaining rye bread slice and cover the cake with the avocado paste on all sides. Give it a splash of lemon juice and start decorating with your favourite greens and seeds.
- For the VEGAN version - substitute the mayonnaise with the Vegan Mayonnaise. Substitute the feta cheese with cashew cream cheese.
This entry was posted in Food and recipes.